Anyway, that's my update on my foot. Here's an update on life:
I got some very exciting news yesterday at work. I got a promotion! It's a promotion I applied for over two months ago and I am so incredibly excited that it finally went through!
Social work is very challenging. Part of my job is to help other people with their challenges and problems, some of which seem so overwhelming, and I have had to overcome numerous personal obstacles and grow as a person in order to do this well. So it feels really great to see that effort has not gone unnoticed.
The after school program that I teach part-time is starting up again in February as well, and I'm looking forward to getting started on that again, as well.
And of course, the best day of the year is coming up as well... MY BIRTHDAY! I will be turning 26 on February 4th and my birthday, albeit special every year, marks something awesome for me this year. I got past a lot of hardship and baggage and pain in 2011 and it brings me so much joy to start a new year of my life fresh. It is also awesome to think about every blessing I gained from this past year that I'll be bringing with me as I turn 26 while I leave all the other nonsense behind. In fact, it is so awesome to think about this stuff that I think I will list it out right now!
- Levi-- my super cute, insane, ridiculous doggie. He's snoozing at my feet right now because I wore him out with like an hour of fetch.
- Scooter Jenny-- Jenny became such a close friend and confidant during the early months of my breakup all the way through the breaking point. If not for her, I wouldn't have had a place to go when things got really bad, and I wouldn't have had anyone to celebrate with whenever things got really good
- All of my friends at my work-- it would probably be just, but a little repetitive to list them all out. My work friends have been awesome. Truly and simply awesome. Happy hours, prenatal training and Ke$ha, karaoke, Old MacDonald and Santa Claus at parent events, tequila tasting, Ra, Milton, and more inside memories and jokes that I can't possibly name right here.
- The family. Enough said.
- FLYNN! My brother and sister-in-law are bringing my very first nephew into the world this year!
- My church family. What an amazing group of people I have found...
- All the new friends I've met just in the last couple of months who met me and know me as the person that I've evolved into. If they read this, they know who they are.
A couple of months ago, I decided to buy myself a ring. It is kind of like a promise ring to myself and it says Strength on it. I wear it on my right ring finger and look down it often each day; it sort of reminds me of how strong I can be and to stay strong. I'm looking at it right now and realize that my strength has come from all the things I've listed above, not just from within.
So I guess even though I'm not running and feeling kind of under-inspired to write in my running blog, I do have a lot to say and it feels good to get it all down.
Hopefully I'll be back out on the road soon and writing about the temperature and my time and all the things I know you really want to read. Until next time...